Here are 10 easy to follow tips on how to save water!
- Before watering your garden, check the weather forecast!
- Only water your plants in the morning or evening and use a trigger nozzle!
- When brushing your teeth or washing your hands, turn off the tap and save 5 litres of water per minute!
- At laundry time, always use a full load in the washing machine!
- When washing your car, use a bucket and a trigger nozzle on the grass, not the driveway!
- At shower time, use a timer to keep showers to a minimum!
- Think before you pull the plug! Could you rinse recyclables in that water or use the greywater safely on your garden?
- When buying new products, look for the Smart Approved WaterMark or a WELS star rating!
- Look out for leaks! Check that your water meter stops overnight!
- Fix dripping taps! A drip a second wastes 12,000 litres a year!
Factsheet - Top water saving tips for your home and garden